LE BAR À JUS DE KILUCRU
Bonjour!
LE BAR À JUS DE KILUCRU
Bonjour!
LE BAR À JUS DE KILUCRU
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

LE BAR À JUS DE KILUCRU

UN FORUM SYMPA, OUVERT ET INFORMÉ, AXÉ SUR LA RECHERCHE ET LA DISCUSSION DES MODES ALTERNATIFS DE SANTÉ PHYSIQUE, MENTALE ET SPIRITUELLE, PAR LES PRODUITS NATURELS, LES TECHNIQUES PSYCHO-ÉNERGÉTIQUES, L'ALIMENTATION SAINE, VIVANTE OU CRUDIVORE.

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-20% Récupérateur à eau mural 300 litres (Anthracite)
79 € 99 €
Voir le deal

Recipe of the Week: Garlic & Dill Cheeze

AuteurMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Recipe of the Week: Garlic & Dill Cheeze Empty
MessageSujet: Recipe of the Week: Garlic & Dill Cheeze   Recipe of the Week: Garlic & Dill Cheeze I_icon_minitimeVen 28 Nov - 12:43

http://thesunnyrawkitchen.blogspot.com/

A few months ago, I was telling you all about my first experiment with fermented nut cheeze. It's one of those things that may look intimidating, but is definitely worth the time and effort. The result is simply unbelievable; so similar to the 'real thing' in looks, texture and even flavor.

As Heathy had yet to try her hand at nut cheese-making, she asked me to put it on 'The List'. Plus, cheeze and crackers were the perfect complement to our daily soups and salads; leaving plenty of room for the decadent desserts that have been rolling out of our sunny kitchen. ;-) (Not to worry, I promise to give you a detailed photo summary once we've landed in our new home.)

Anyhoo, I decided to make the delicious Herb Cheeze that was featured in my 'Not Cheeze Pleaze' post. After reading the tantalizing combinations that someone posted on Raw Freedom Community, I also came up with a Garlic & Dill variation that turned out really well. We served the last of it to our friends, John and Livina, who joined us for dinner yesterday and they were very impressed.

Garlic & Dill Cheeze

1 cup Cashew Cheeze (See recipe below)
1 generous teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon minced chives
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
---
Finely ground almonds, dried dill and garlic powder for the crust

Combine Cashew Cheeze, chives, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and salt in a bowl. Stir until well mixed. Add fresh herbs and stir until well distributed. Taste and adjust salt, if desired.

Shape the Cheeze mixture into a round or press firmly into a small container or bowl lined with plastic film. Sprinkle mixture of ground almonds, dried dill and garlic powder on top. Allow to chill for at least 12 hours or until it firms up.

When firm, de-mold, turn over and transfer onto a plate. Sprinkle more dried herbs on top and sides.

Store in fridge in airtight container for up to 3 or 4 days.

Basic Cashew Cheeze

3 cups cashews, soaked 12-14 hours
3 capsules probiotics
2/3 cup fresh rejuvelac (see instructions in this post)

In high speed blender, blend the soaked cashews with probiotics and rejuvelac until smooth.

Line a sieve with a double thickness of cheesecloth and place over a bowl. Transfer the mixture to the sieve, drape the cheesecloth over the top, cover with a towel and leave in a warm place to ripen for 14-16 hours.

Season according to one of the following recipes (or come up with your own variation!)

Alternatively, shape the mixture into a round, place in a covered container, and refrigerate for at least 24 hours, or until it firms up.

Store in fridge in airtight container for up to 3 or 4 days.

Carmella's Notes:
~ I forgot to soak the cashews ahead of time so I did a little experiment; I ground them up finely in the Vitamix first and added a little more water. The mixture didn't blend as easily as with soaked cashews so I ended up using more liquid than in the original recipe. The texture of the resulting Cheeze was a touch softer and had more the consistency of Boursin. Out of this world!

~ Our place was a bit cool so I let the Cheeze ferment for about 24 hours.

Serve with your favorite crackers!

Amazing stuff!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://alternativesante.superforum.fr

Recipe of the Week: Garlic & Dill Cheeze
Page 1 sur 1