Messages : 5846
Date d'inscription : 24/11/2008
Localisation : The Best in the West, MTL, QC
|Sujet: Potato Salad from Karen Knowler Dim 1 Fév - 22:13|| |
Raw Potato Salad
This recipe - trust me - is a huge gift!
If you're like me - a former potato-holic AND you love traditional potato salad, then you will adore this recipe.
Before you start worrying about chowing down raw potato - don't panic! We are using SWEET potatoes here, a very different animal (so to speak!), which make for a very delicious, satiating and more-ish recipe that you'll want to print off and use over and over again.
And even if you don't like sweet potatoes, just the mayo recipe alone is worth having as it's totally delicious and versatile.
* 1 large sweet potato
* 1 bunch spring onions (green onions)
* 1 handful of fresh chives
For the Mayo
* 1 cup water
* 1 cup macadamia nuts
* 1 cup pine nuts
* 1 ½ cups cashew nuts
* ½ tsp Himalayan crystal salt
* 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
* 2 Tbs lemon juice
1) Chop the sweet potato into bite sized pieces and place in a bowl
2) Finely slice the chives and spring onion and add to the potato pieces, stirring around to mix things up
3) Prepare the mayo by blending all of the mayo ingredients in a blender or food processor (makes 4 cups)
4) Add the mayo to your potatoes stirring in as you go. Stop adding when you feel your potato salad is gloopy enough!
5) Save the extra mayo in the fridge - it will keep for about 5 days...
6) Enjoy your potato salad on its own or served with a big juicy salad. Makes a great main meal side dish or a quick snack if you want something grounding but filling.
7) Let me know how you like it!
RAW COACH'S TOP TIPS:
* Add in any other fresh herbs, garlic, fresh chopped onion or even curry powder for something a little bit different.
* Use the mayo for combining with freshly grated carrot cabbage and onion to make a fab coleslaw!